Commit Agency is looking for an experienced, strategic and detail-oriented Media Planner/Buyer to join our team. We are looking for candidates who are well-versed in traditional and non-traditional as well as comfortable working collaboratively with other key team members to develop integrated media plans for our clients.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform with accuracy, be a proactive problem-solver and be deadline-oriented, including being able to manage multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity and budget levels. This planner/buyer will specialize in traditional media but will be no stranger to digital and non-traditional approaches. This person should possess an investigative spirit and always be looking for the right idea that drives results, not just the one that gets the job done. This position reports to the Director of Client Services.
Commit Agency works with clients from a variety of industries, large and small, local and national. If you are a natural team player with a proactive attitude who thrives in a fast-paced and creative agency environment, and who has a constant curiosity to learn new things, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Responsibilities & Details:
- Build and maintain senior-level client and vendor relationships
- Develop and deliver strong Keynote presentations to clients and new business prospects
- Analyze media options to recommend how to best allocate the available budget and be prepared to present, debate and fight for the plan you feel will deliver the best results
- Study demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for specific media vehicles, including lifestyles and psychographics
- Work on a number of accounts at the same time, often juggling various projects with deadlines to meet (must possess excellent multi-tasking skills)
- Negotiate aggressively with media vendors to obtain the best rates and added value
- Work with internal teams to solve problems (billing discrepancies, traffic problems, contracts, make-goods, etc.)
- Create media plans (amend as needed) and maintain them throughout the year
- Reconcile and track media buys, monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of campaigns and provide clients with detailed reports
- IO’s, invoicing, and billing (utilizing Workamajig)
- At least 4+ years of experience buying and planning traditional media at an agency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- A documented track record of success in a full-service agency environment is required, as well as a demonstrated ability to build and implement integrated media plans that are profitable and deliver results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (advanced handle of Excel and Google sheets)
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; beyond comfortable working with numbers
- Extensive experience with media trend research
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong presentation delivery and development skills
- Remain upbeat and optimistic when dealing with challenging situations
- Experience using Workamajig is a plus
- Ability to work remotely if necessary, with a dedicated workspace where you can remain focused and productive without distraction
- Ability to commute to the Commit office in downtown Chandler, AZ, or relocate to the Phoenix area if you are an out-of-market candidate. While many Commit employees work remotely temporarily due to current COVID-19 safety measures, the ability to return to an in-office working environment when needed in the near future is essential.