Suppose you’re glued to your iPhone, religiously check your email the second you wake up and have reporters and producers on speed dial. In that case, you might be Commit Agency’s next Public Relations Account Coordinator.
We’re looking for that self-described news junkie who’s a great storyteller and successful PR practitioner. You take your job seriously and have the results to show for it, like all those placements you scored that you can’t wait to tell us about. You’re resourceful, energetic, witty and beloved by the news pros, because you get them what they want—what they need—when they want it, with time to spare. And this is what you love to do, day in and day out.
If this describes you to a T, here’s some of what we’ll expect from you:
Responsibilities & Details:
- Writes, distributes and pitches client and agency news to local, regional and national news outlets as determined.
- Effectively places/secures stories in targeted media outlets.
- Monitors and tracks media mentions for all clients, and compiles results into client-ready reports.
- Stays on top of clients’ industry news in all markets.
- Contributes to and executes PR plans for all clients.
- Fosters relationships with key media.
- Proactively builds and updates media lists.
- Demonstrates effective knowledge of print, electronic and social media platforms.
- Actively participates in client status meetings.
- Develops materials (i.e., media tracking reports) for client and internal meetings.
- Contributes forward-thinking ideas during internal meetings.
- Works collaboratively with other team members in other disciplines to ensure complete account integration.
- Continuously seeks to improve professional knowledge and creative skills.
- Performs news media audits for clients and new business prospects.
And here’s what we’d like you to have:
- One to three years of experience in marketing communications, public relations and/or media relations.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Proficiency in PR tools such as MuckRack.
- Self-directed and able to manage several projects at the same time.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to react and respond quickly.
- Top-notch research skills.
- Highly organized.
- Effective media pitcher with success to back it up.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Extensive contacts in local, state and national media.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Send your resume to Janelle Brannock at [email protected].