Five Factors of a Successful Digital Marketing Strategy
January 29, 2016
Your company’s New Year’s resolution this year included a digital marketing strategy. And quite honestly, you’re not sure how you operated in the past few years without one. You have many ideas about what you want to achieve, but you’re just not certain which is most important. We have some recommendations as it relates to your digital marketing strategy that will help achieve your business goals.
- Make mobile a priority in your planning. Sure you can have a beautifully designed website, but if your prospects cannot navigate it easily on their phone or their other mobile devices, they will quickly disengage.
- Engagement – this is worth mentioning twice. As noted above, make it as simple as possible for your audience. From product promotions to offering information or requesting registration, your prospect should immediately understand what you are communicating. Make it so easy that everything you expect from them is quite obvious.
- Strive to delight your customers and prospects. This has become necessary because attention spans are shrinking in the online marketplace. In addition to keeping engagement simple, your digital marketing strategy should also add value.
- Apps are nice to have, but they are not a must. A website with a responsive design is.
- Leverage existing technology platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. They should be easy to access via icons/links on your website. Your brand should maintain a cohesive voice and appearance across all social media channels.
These are essentials to a successful digital marketing strategy. It’s not rocket science, but it does require some focused attention, creativity and savvy.