At Commit Agency, we tackle digital projects across the spectrum of screens, devices, platforms and browsers. Many of these projects have hooks into Content Management Systems, media tracking systems, or other third-party systems requiring integration with APIs or data feeds of some sort.
- Develop in WordPress child themes, widgets, plug-ins, custom post types, and page templates.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Maintain, update and support client/company websites. (When there are urgent issues like our sites going down or something breaking in our code, we need *quick* response times.)
Skills And Qualifications
- Experience with WordPress
- Write high quality code with readability, efficiency and maintainability in mind
- Good Understanding of PHP back-end development
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience developing responsive design websites
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Basic understanding of Bootstrap
- Basic understanding of Photoshop and XD
- Ability to manage time independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and develop new skills independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with MySQL & PHPMyAdmin
Collaboration, brainstorming, research and teamwork are all essential components of success within our agency. Our ideal Developer will be a motivated, entrepreneurial self-starter. You’ve got serious attention to detail, coolness under pressure, strong inter-departmental/interpersonal skills and a keen ability to estimate timelines and manage workload.